1. Camp out in the back yard – all you need are sleeping bags, snacks, a storyteller or a good book to read out loud.
2. Play Game Board Dash – each child get to choose their favorite game, play for 15 minutes each, when the timer goes off everyone moves to the next game.
3. Ice Cream Sunday Night – Set up the table/ breakfast bar with ice cream and your favorite toppings and let everyone create their own ice cream masterpiece.
4. Plan a Family Vacation/Staycation – include the kids in selecting activities.
5. Make Homemade Meat or Veggie Pizza – Buy pizza crust, shredded cheese, meat/vegetables and pizza sauce.
6. Visit an Amusement or Water Park.
7. Take the kids to the Zoo to learn about animals.
9. Discover The Arts – in the summer there are many musical and theatrical outings that are family friendly.
10. Go Bowing – find a bowling alley that has lanes for kids.
11. Have a family bar-b-que.
12. Go Swimming.
13. Take the kids to the library.
14. Visit your local museums.
15. Listen to an audio tape.
16. Volunteer – Pet shelter or a soup kitchen.
17. Go on a bike ride that ends with a picnic – pack a lunch with sandwiches, fruit and soft drinks.
18. Movie night – Enjoy your favorite family movie with popcorn, and a soft drink.
19. Schedule a tour at the fire/police station.
20. Help the kids write and put on a play – the garage can be the stage, run a clothesline across the front for the curtain.